Thursday, November 10, 2011

Flexidiscs are here (Paul Elliman recording)


The flexidiscs to go with our first issue arrived yesterday and I'm pretty damn happy with them. I'd wanted to make a flexidisc right from the beginning of thinking I might make this mag, and then when Paul Elliman was here he made a proposal to me for the first one. Paul has made a recording of a 1952 Vincent Black Lightning that is 4 minutes and 43 seconds long, mirroring Richard Thompson's song '1952 Vincent Black Lightning'. The black on black label was Paul's idea, and he's releasing this under the pseudonym Can Robert. The records sound great (thank God, I've had a lot of trouble with getting vinyl made in the past) and are such interesting artefacts. These were made by Pirates Press in San Francisco and I'd highly recommend them. 

No comments:

Post a Comment