Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Motorcycle Man


Totally accidentally bumped into this bad boy here while looking for something else on the same site. Blurb from the website I nicked it from below...

“Buddy Mize. Obscure private press tribute to the kings of AMA dirt-track and road racing of the late 60's and early 70's. Wonderful “folk art” llustration on front I would kill for the original of. Total DIY piece from So-Cal. I found this missing the Lp so I have no idea what it sounds like, but from the titles it looks great. Most of the tracks are listed as “narration & theme” and are by Melva Murphy."

2 comments:

  1. My name is Carl Thomason. I live just outside of Nashville. I played guitar and bass on this album. I think I also wrote the liner notes. I may have the actual vinyl album around the house somewhere. I was working for Buddy Mize at Central Songs at the time. It was recorded at Faron Young's old studio. See my FaceBook of contact or friend me. I have to be careful on the net sometimes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just found out all about this last night, so I've been googling Melva Murphy...I guess she has herself a little fan base :) I never knew about this stuff all these years...and she's my grandma :)

    ReplyDelete