Sunday, September 18, 2011

Old handlebars


Since my clutch cable kept breaking, and since I found I had a brand new original length one that had come with the bike when I bought it, I decided to put the old original handlebars back on, just to see what the clutch would be like. Fuck it's like a normal clutch now! It feels great, and I can ride it around without my hand starting to fail on me. Obviously it's the angle of my clutch lever mechanism that isn't working right on the flat/drag bars. Thinking I'll leave it like this for a while – it's actually quite fun cause it feels like a new bike for a bit – but then thinking I'll look around at different clutch and front brake lever units when I wanna cafe it again. Will wait til I find rear-sets too I think. Just pretty keen to ride the Norton for a bit now, esp over the summer while I do some aesthetic work on the Triumph (really wanna make a new seat for that!).

Went for a great ride again this weekend, over to Port Levy with Johnny and James. I actually really liked the way the bike handles with these bars, I just don't like the way they look. Maybe I'm coming around to it? I couldn't handle putting the big ugly lolly-pop mirror on it and the bar-end mirror stuck out too far, so for now anyway it's sans mirrors! Might see what Deus have when I'm up there soon, although their shit is way too expensive.

No comments:

Post a Comment